(For 4 servings)
Prep time: 40 min
Cannot be frozen
What you’ll need
- 8 medium-sized crimini mushrooms, brushed clean with stems removed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 60 g | 2 oz | 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 30 g | 1 oz | 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Preheat oven to 350F. Arrange mushrooms, facing up, in a large roasting dish lined with aluminum foil.
2 Toss together shallot, garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, 1 tbsp. parsley, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and some salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl.
3 Pack mixture onto mushrooms and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
4 Loosely cover mushrooms with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes until tender to tip of knife.
5 Remove foil and continue baking until mushrooms are crisp and golden-brown on top, about 8-10 minutes.
6 Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving.
Serve with a glass of Root: 1 Heritage Red.