(For 4 servings)
Prep time: 15 min
Cannot be frozen
What you’ll need
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 vine tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 small baguette, cut into eight 1″ thick slices
- 1 small bunch basil, leaves only, finely sliced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, garlic and some salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl.
2 Stir in diced tomato. Readjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper as needed.
3 Preheat broiler to hot. Lightly brush baguette slices with olive oil before toasting under broiler until golden-brown, turning once, about 1 minute per side.
4 Remove from broiler and let to cool briefly. Carefully spoon bruschetta mix on top and garnish with sliced basil before serving.
Serve with a glass of Root: 1 Carmenère.